Learn more about Jeffrey Pfeffer and where you can buy or listen to his books: https://JeffreyPfeffer.com/
Jason Calacanis is an entrepreneur and angel investor, amongst many other things, and shares with us three rules of power that have made him an incredibly effective business person.
- How Jason turned $100,000 into $100 million
- Growing up in middle-class Brooklyn
- Fixing laser printers by day and going to Fordham at night
- The unconventional way he got into Fordham • Willingness to break the rules
- The power of frequency
- Why there is always room for an exception
- Creative distribution of his publications
- What made Digital Dim Sum a success
- The importance of networking and relationships
- Standing up for who you believe in
- Creating smart controversy
- The lasting impressions of hosting high-quality events
- A valuable technique for introducing guests
- Creating strength when nobody’s opinion matters
- Demonstrable Growth – what it is and why it works
- The Tipping Technique
- The three rules of power that contribute to Jason’s success
Jason Calacanis is a serial entrepreneur, angel investor, and podcaster. He is known for being an early investor in companies such as Robinhood and Uber. Overall he has invested in 300 startups, four of which have reached billion-dollar valuations. Jason is also a co-founder of Weblogs, Inc., which was instrumental in the dot-com era of online blogging.
In 2009 Jason founded Open Angel Forum, an event that helps startups find angel investors. Jason’s book Angel: How to Invest in Technology Startups—Timeless Advice from an Angel Investor Who Turned $100,000 into $100,000,000 was published in 2017.
Jason currently resides in San Francisco, California. Dr. Pfeffer has been on Jason’s podcast This Week in Startups four times.
Jason’s blog: https://calacanis.com/
Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasoncalacanis/
Produced by the www.MunnAvenuePress.com