Learn more about Jeffrey Pfeffer and where you can buy or listen to his books: https://JeffreyPfeffer.com/
Jon Levy is a behavioral scientist specializing in human connection, trust, and influence. He is the author of the New York Times Best Seller “You’re Invited”, and Founder of Influencers, the secret dining experience and private community. Jeffrey speaks to Jon about how he started his Influencer Dinners and shares some of the amazing content from his book.
- How Levy started hosting Influencer Dinners
- Why relationships, connections, and trust lead to an extraordinary life
- The model Levy developed after researching the behavior of highly influential people
- What has been learned after hosting 2500 people at 266 dinners in 11 cities in four countries
- What highly influential people need instead of another rubber chicken dinner
- What reading about scientific concepts does for Levy’s life
- How the IKEA effect accelerates the rate at which people bond
- Why vulnerability creates trust (and how it’s the opposite of what corporate America tries to do)
- The unseen loneliness of some influential and important people
- The five concerns of billionaires when meeting people
- Elements that create a memorable event
- The three things not sharing dinner guest’s professions until after dinner does toward building connection
- The most significant factor in Levy’s success
- What draws crowds and creates a committed group of people
Jon Levy is a behavioral scientist and NY Times Best Selling author known for his work in human connection, trust, and influence. Jon specializes in applying the latest research to transform the ways companies approach marketing, sales, consumer engagement, and culture. His clients range from Fortune 500 brands, like Microsoft, Google, AB-InBev, and Samsung, to startups.
More than a decade ago, Levy founded The Influencers Dinner, a secret dining experience for industry leaders ranging from Nobel laureates, Olympians, celebrities, and executives, to artists, musicians, and even the Grammy winning voice of the bark from “Who Let the Dogs Out.” Guests cook dinner together but can’t discuss their careers or give their last names. Once seated to eat, they reveal who they are. Over time, these dinners developed into a community. With thousands of members, Influencers is the largest community of its type worldwide.
Jon’s second book, You’re Invited: The Art and Science of Connection, Trust and Belonging, was released to critical acclaim quickly rising as an international best seller. In it Levy demonstrates the importance of trust, and community to accomplishing what is most important to us.
In his free time, Jon works on outrageous projects. Among them spending a year traveling to all 7 continents, or to the world's greatest events (Grand Prix, Art Basel, Burning Man, Running of the Bulls, etc.) and barely surviving to tell the tale. These Adventures were chronicled in his first book: The 2 AM Principle: Discover the Science of Adventure
Produced by the MunnAvenuePress.com